April 5-6, 2019 | Buffalo, NY
Early Bird Tickets Available Until February 15th
The TKD field Is Constantly Changing…
ARE YOU KEEPING UP?
Here’s what you can expect to learn at this year’s TKD Pro National Convention
Your chance to learn what’s working now from successful school operators enrolling hundreds of students each year.
We can show you how to balance fun classes with attention to detail so that you can create both students and a business that you are proud of.
Today’s customer is more educated and prepared than ever before. You need to know how to communicate your message effectively and passionately.
Cultivate meaningful relationships and exchange information and ideas among managers, instructors, and school owners.
Grandmaster Sun Ki Chong
Grandmaster Chong is the founder of World Class Tae Kwon Do, a national organization with 30 affiliated schools and over 12,000 students. He is known for his passion for teaching, attention to detail, and his ability to motivate and coach instructors and masters of all levels. With forty years of experience in the martial arts industry, Grandmaster Chong has personally experienced several “waves” of change. His schools continue to thrive because he has discovered the rock solid foundations that lead to a successful long term organization.
Teaching Students to Love Learning Fundamentals
- Physical review of foundational Tae Kwon Do techniques and principles
- Keeping students engaged with specific level appropriate challenges
- How to create a passion for attention to detail that motivates students to improve
- The secret to maintaining YOUR excitement while teaching students of any level
The Multiple Benefits of Proper Sparring Training
- How to introduce sparring to lower ranking students
- Proven drills to give students a feel for sparring while building confidence and maintaining safety
- Helping adults to gain self defense skills through sparring
- Why sparring is an invaluable tool for teaching life skills
Master Michael Mertens
Master Mertens is a veteran school owner and industry leader who has personally mentored some of the most successful Masters and Instructors in the U.S. He has presented at seminars around the country and is considered one of the leading experts on martial arts marketing and sales.
How to Create a Sustainable Community in Your School
- Storytelling vs Salesmanship: The future of martial arts enrollment
- 5 keys for effective retention based events
- 3 Must have Instructor/Parent communication tools
- What your staff need to know about the real foundation of teamwork and communication
- What student surveys tell us are the greatest needs and wants of our students
My Top 5 Biggest Staffing Mistakes and How I Fixed Them
- The most important element to selecting a potential staff member
- Why some teams are destined for conflict and failure before they even start
- How you can take a struggling team and get them back on track
- What YOU as a leader need to be extremely careful of to avoid demotivating your staff
Master Jun Kyu Kim
Great success and great setbacks have given him the opportunities to create a class management system that can be led by Master Instructors as well as by Leadership Team/Staff from. It is his goal that school owners grow and share strong, good Taekwondo and to make an impact on each generation student by student.
Maximize your student and Black Belt retention with an exciting, changing class curriculum that develops staff and matches your offered programs
CLASS: Character Building Learning Attitude Smile Sweat Safety
Matching Class Curriculum with Programs Offered: Sparring Curriculum to match the programs you offer: Little Tigers, 1st Dan-4th Dan Black Belt Programs, Leadership Programs and Competition Team Programs.
8-Week Program : Disguise your teaching program
Partner Drills- A secret to World Class Schools success.
How important is your class schedule?: Programs being offered should coexist with class schedule and class curriculum
Belt Testing : Why it is such an important part of your class management. Testing demonstrates that the big goal is attainable, each class is a small step to that success.
Teamwork: Everyone continuing to learn. Developing Staff, developing your school environment and developing your school atmosphere.
Master Mark Wright
Master Mark Wright is the Director of Operations for Tiger Kim’s World Class Taekwondo with five locations in North Carolina and one in South Carolina. Their continued expansion has been based on the strength and longevity of their staff.
Grow your Team…Expand your Opportunities
- The most important conditions you need to provide to attract and retain skilled staff
- How to educate your staff and provide long term futures for them
- Effectively sharing your vision and setting team goals
- Managing your results and taking control of your financial future
- How the leader ultimately determines the level of success that your school achieves
Master Harrison Chan
Master Harrison Chan from Toronto Canada, is the president of 6 multiple locations under the founder of OMAC, Grand Master Hyung Chul Kim. He currently has one of the most successful Afterschool Programs in the nation with over 60 staff members and a student count of over 2000 members. This 39 year old phenom will be sharing his experience and insights on how he explosively erupted with multiple locations using the energy he harnesses from his outrageous work ethic, both mentally and physically that has got him to where he is today in such a short period of time.
Designing your school and your life for Explosive Growth
- The compelling story of how it all began, where Students’ Master becomes father and from partnering in 1 location and growing it to 6 locations in a 10 year span.
- Congruency between vision, brand and belief in all locations that defines who you are and galvanizing your staff to be aligned with the purpose creating the culture of tribe/family.
- Mega Branding and distinguishing not only your business but who you are from the rest of the pack
- Growing your afterschool program from 0-70 students in your first year of operation and dominating your market area.
- How to incorporate the energy that is gained from living the ultimate healthy lifestyle starting your day at 4am, into your business to set you up for super success. With over 60 staff members, 2000 students, and being a supportive husband and father of 3, how he balances the stresses and challenges of the everyday through his daily world class work out rituals
Master Chris Berlow
Master Chris Berlow has been training in Taekwondo for over 35 years and has competed at the national and international level in his younger years. He is a principal of United Martial Arts Centers where he owns two successful schools in Westchester NY with a third school under his tutelage. Master Berlow owns multiple commercial real estate properties and is a partner in a personal development company called Empowered Mastery with Master Paul Melella. He has authored three books; YOU Have Infinite Power, It’s Not about the Belt, and Mindful Meditation for Busy Lives.
How to stand out and be uncommon in the martial arts industry
- How much do you love your students?
- The secret to why some students stay and others quit.
- Eight ways to be uncommon and stand out from all other martial arts schools
- How to develop your personal “Why” statement and share with the world
- Create an enrollment experience that connects to families at an emotional level inspiring action
Master Chan Lee
Master Chan Lee is a 2nd generation Tae Kwon Do teacher who learned from his father Grandmaster Jae Kyu Lee. He has been trained with the Verbal Defense and Institute group as a Verbal tactics instructor to helping teach kids how to deal with conflict. He was a celebrity TV martial arts coach for the MTV Show “MADE.” He has worked with the airlines after 911 and was featured on CNN and the NBC today show for his work with reality self defense and the airline industry. He currently runs his families tae kwon do school in Milwaukee, WI. They currently have 6 schools with over 2000 students. In addition Master Lee has built 3 free standing buildings for his schools. His philosophy for his organizations success is that, “to be the ultimate teacher you have to be the ultimate student. Always be learning”.
The Complete Guide to turn Leads into Prospect into Students
- Do you know how to nurture your leads to turn them into hot prospects that become life time students?
- Basic strategies for a modern busy world that we has to educated to turn them into lifetime martial arts students
Master Emerson Wong
Master Emerson Wong is well known for his expertise in creating viral media since 2001, well before Youtube and any existence of media sharing sites and social media. Master Wong is also an expert on Internet marketing and search optimization. His martial arts team Team Ryouko commanded millions of downloads around the World, taking down internet servers. His martial arts school Pulse Academy is known Worldwide with a social media following of over 10,000 and dozens of videos totaling over 300 million views. Master Wong will show you how to create engaging content and build up your social media profile and following. He will also reveal his secret on how you can outrank a majority of your competition on Google listings for next to nothing!
Google & Social Media Dominance
- What makes engaging social media content
- The importance of your social media follow ratio
- How to effortlessly plan your posts and when to post them
- Timeline and profile posts vs. story posts and creating content for each
- Get to the top of Google listings spending next to nothing by just social media posting
Mr. and Mrs. Sroka, owners of World Class Tae Kwon Do in San Jose, operate one of the largest schools in California. They enrolled over 90 students in their first month of operation and now run a dojang with over 650 students. They realized the best way to grow their school and their staff was to show them how much they C.A.R.E about them. Come and find out strategies and stories that will enhance your understanding and experience with your staff and students. Create more opportunities to build longer lasting relationships to truly share the benefits of Tae Kwon Do.
How to Grow and Maintain a Mega School
- 15 Minutes and the 5 Whys
- Transparency = Trust
- Feeling and Emotions: Do I have to?
- Not Good, Not Bad… Just Learning
- Treat you students and staff with C.A.R.E.
Master Ali Ghafour
Master William Sexton
The founders of 20/20 Armor are veterans of the taekwondo sport, art, and business. This team of multi-time US and Canadian national team members operates 6 schools between them with over 1,700 students, and has dedicated themselves to developing the technology to revolutionize the way that martial artists around the world spar. Masters Sexton and Ghafour will show you how sparring can be reversed from a business risk to the most valuable piece of your program for student retention.
Attract, Retain, and Thrive: Using 20/20 Armor to Change The Way Your Students Think About Sparring
- The vehicles martial arts schools have to deliver the effects on students we all advertise.
- The 3 reasons why sparring is currently ineffective in your schools.
- Speaking kids’ language through video games.
- How 20/20 Armor makes your classes exciting and keeps your students want to keep coming back each day.
- Attracting new students by using video game technology to your advantage.
- Using 20/20 Armor for in house tournaments and other income generating events.
Friday, April 5th
ROOM A: Instructors Tom and Pam Sroka: How to Grow and Maintain a Mega School
ROOM B: Master Chris Berlow: How to Stand Out and be Uncommon in the Martial Arts Industry
ROOM A: Harrison Chan – Designing your School and your Life for Explosive Growth
ROOM B: Emerson Wong – Google & Social Media Dominance
ROOM A: Master Michael Mertens – How to Create a Sustainable Community in Your School
ROOM B: Master Mark Wright – Multiple Location Success
6:30-7:00pm Taekwondo Professionals Presentation
8:00-10:00pm Evening Networking
Saturday, April 6th
8:45-9:45am Grandmaster Sun Ki Chong: Teaching Students to Love Learning Fundamentals
10:00-11:00am Grandmaster Sun Ki Chong: The Multiple Benefits of Proper Sparring Training
11:15-12:15pm Masters Ali Ghafour and Wil Sexton: Attract, Retain, and Thrive – Using 20/20 Armor to Change The Way Your Students Think About Sparring
12:15-12:30 Group Photo
ROOM A: Owners Roundtable
ROOM B: Staff Roundtable
2:45-3:45pm Master Michael Mertens: How I fixed my Top 5 Biggest Staffing Mistakes
ROOM A: Master Chan Lee – The Complete Lead to Prospect to Student System
ROOM B: Master Jun Kyu Kim – Maximize your Student and Black Belt Retention
Early Bird Price
Valid until Feb. 15th
Additional Staff $249 each
Additional Staff $299 each
Your Ticket to the TKD Professionals National Convention Includes
- ALL MEALS ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF YOUR TICKET, COURTESY OF TAE KWON DO PROFESSIONALS
- Full Access to 2 Days of proven marketing, up to date sales methods, modern classroom management, and team building systems.
- The opportunity to meet and speak with some of the leading dojang operators in the country
- The chance to network with other positive, passionate, and dedicated instructors
What School Owners are saying about the TKD Professionals National Convention…
“The Taekwondo Professionals Conventions have added tremendous value to the vision we have for our school and the path we need to take to make that vision a reality. Masters Chong & Mertens have put together a complete package of ideas and tools to help schools set and achieve goals. Once we identified our school’s goals, we were able to use the knowledge and tools given at the seminar to make a plan of action and have grown our student base by 50% in six months.”Regina Im
“We have had over 20% growth every year at all of our locations. My staff is now extremely motivated and this is due to the management and marketing ideas we have learned by attending Taekwondo Professionals Seminars. If your school is not experiencing double digit growth every year I would say you must attend one of his seminars with your staff.”George Hwang
“I have networked with and visited martial arts schools throughout the country and I’ve never seen a better multi-school operation than Taekwondo Professionals. Their facilities, instruction, events, and systems are outstanding. Every time my staff return from visiting their schools they come back motivated and energized! I am very thankful for the positive impact that Grandmaster Chong and Master Mertens have made on my team.”Jason Yi
OUR ATTEND WITH CONFIDENCE GUARANTEE:
Host Hotel: Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Arrive with ease from Buffalo Niagara International Airport courtesy of their free shuttle service. Enjoy comfort in all of their rooms and suites with complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious bedding and flat-screen TVs. Maintain your regular workout routine at their fitness center and indoor pool.
© Taekwondo Professionals